Theoretical frameworks in nursing practice | research and theory | Rasmussen College System
For the Discussion Question consider this scenario:As a BSN prepared nurse, it is an expectation that you incorporate theory into your daily practice. As a new graduate, you are interviewing for a position as a registered nurse in a large academic medical center. When scheduling the interview, the Human Resource department provided some possible interview topics and suggested that you be prepared to discuss these topics. One topic included, “Discuss one nursing theorist that will guide your clinical practice.”
- Select one nursing theorist and summarize the theory.
- Identify the concepts and relational statements of the selected nursing theory.
- Discuss the contributions of that theory nursing practice.
- Describe how this nursing theory will guide your nursing practice including at least one specific example.
Responses (minimum of two):
- Select a post describing a theory different from the nursing theory you selected.
- Describe how the nursing theory selected by your classmate would impact your nursing practice and include one specific example demonstrating the positive or negative impact.
Please make your initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s post by the end of the week. Please check the Course Calendar for specific due dates