Many large u.s. firms invest abroad instead of exporting. prior to
Many large U.S. firms invest abroad instead of exporting. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read James Gerber’s (2017) Chapter 4 and Ed. Crooks’ article, America: Riveting Prospects (Links to an external site.), and respond to the following components.
- Compare and contrast foreign trade and foreign investment.
- Evaluate why many U.S. companies do not want to participate in exporting and rather build their plants and factories in foreign countries to produce there.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of this type of foreign investment (i.e., building their plants and factories and producing their products in foreign countries).
- Analyze how foreign investment and production can contribute the U.S. economy when its transactions are not counted into GDP.
- Explain whether you are in favor of foreign trade (exporting) or foreign investment (production outside the United States), and why.
The Foreign Trade Versus Foreign Investment assignment
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
You are invited to carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your week 2 assignment.