Multiple choice | Computer Science homework help
1. Which term refers to a program stored in ROM (typically BIOS) which is used during the boot up process?
Execution Preparation Program
2. Which type of system software acts as the master controller for all activities that take place in a computer system?
3. In which year was Microsoft Window version 1 released?
4. Which operating system was developed by Google to run on mobile devices, such as smart phones and netbooks?
DOS (Disk Operating System)
Mac OS X
5. Which term refers to a section of a data file at the beginning of a file that contains information about the file?
6. Which term refers to the suffix at the end of a file name, following the period, which is normally used to specify the file type, in Windows?
7. Which is a technique for writing an optical disc such as a CD, DVD, or BD, which only allows recording to be done in single session?
8. Which type utility software helps regain performance by rearranging files on a disk so they are stored in contiguous clusters?
File Sector Editor
9. Which type of disk/disc is bootable and contains a complete copy of your computer’s hard disk as it existed when the computer was new?
Factory Setup Disk
Incremental Backup Disk
10. Which general type of disk is a removable storage medium that can contains enough of the operating systems files that it be used to boot the computer without accessing the hard drive?
11. Robert Morris, who released a worm which brought down the ARPANET in 1988, received which sentence for this crime?
400 hours of community service and $10,000 fine
5 years probation and $10,000 fine
10 years in prison
15 years to life in prison
12. How many sets of criminal fingerprints in the FBI’s Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System (IAFIS) are checked against a suspect’s?