Technical paper: planning an application server migration
I need a A+++++ PAPER NO PLAGIRISM need to be original
Technical Paper: Planning an Application Server Migration
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Imagine you are working for a large international purchasing company that has just bought a growing local company that manufactures western wear at several locations (it’s a group of cottage industries; remember from the other scenarios that it now has eight (8) satellite offices, four (4) large and four (4) small ones). The previous owner, Sam Yosemite, tells his IT team to provide support and information to your IT staff to help with the transition to your forest domain. Gathering information from the other writing assignment descriptions, decide the best ways to bring the “Wild Frontier” network into your domain, “Foghorn Leghorn” and migrate to your current standards.
The business acquisition is largely superficial and the existing personnel structures will remain in place. You have to bring the “Wild Frontier” under the “Foghorn Leghorn” domain and make sure production needs are met at all the satellite locations. Your budget is fairly generous due to allocated funds for the transition, but will likely be much more constrained in the future. Take maintenance costs (both money and man-hours) into consideration as you design your solutions.
The same design requirements specified in the writing assignments (support, hours of operation, remote staff, Internet access, and sensitive file access) still apply, but disk space management is no longer as much of a concern and being part of a large company brings economies of scale to licensing purchases; take advantage of these. Department cost allocation is even more of a priority. Providing shooting targets (large paper reports) for Sam is no longer a need (the managers celebrate).
Workstations will all be standardized and provided with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Use those to your best advantage for standardization and support staff man-hour savings while still addressing control over users’ access of unapproved media services and applications.
Write a ten to fifteen (10-15) page technical paper which covers the following:
- Suggest how to use Terminal Services to help meet criteria for providing applications and support for the remote offices.
- Determine how application pools will help to reduce costs. Be specific in your configuration specifications.
- Formulate how using AD groups and NTFS permissions should best be configured for security and appropriate access.
- Evaluate how you might use Windows SharePoint Services to provide support for the additional remote offices and help prevent duplication of work.
- Examine how you can use high-availability technologies to manage costs.
- Propose how you will take advantage of the change in licensing considerations.
- Provide a plan to manage network load balancing and avoid slowdowns in performance as much as possible.
- Determine what considerations you will take into account for your printer requirements.
- Use Visio or a similar tool to depict graphically the physical and logical layout of your plan. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The following specific course learning outcomes are associated with this assignment. Bear these in mind when planning and designing your proposed solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure application servers and file servers.
- Compare and contrast among the different types of application servers.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, configure, and secure IIS services and Web applications.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, configure, and secure remote desktop and terminal services.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, deploy, and configure Windows SharePoint Services.
- Compare and contrast among the different types of high-availability technologies.
- Create an application server migration plan for a proposed business solution.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in application server development.
- Write clearly and concisely about application server development using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.