I need help with this research paper.
Determining an appropriate area of research often requires a balancing act between the personal interests of the researcher and the needs of the field. Although finding areas of interest certainly plays a role in determining what a social psychologist researches, it is nonsufficient reason for conducting a study. As a future scholar–practitioner, it is your professional responsibility to identify gaps in the literature and to determine what needs to be studied so that you may add to the literature and advance knowledge that can benefit society.
For this Assignment, explore the existing literature in your area of interest and identify two gaps in the existing literature. Then develop a research question that you as a potential social psychologist might ask regarding this gap.
The Assignment (5–7 pages)
- Select and describe a social problem in your field of interest.
- Explain why you selected the social problem.
- Research at least five journal articles related to the social problem.
- Describe two gaps in the literature related to the social problem you selected in which you could develop further research and justify your selection.
- Through a social psychology lens, develop a research question that a social psychologist might use to conduct research.