1. are you a member of a student organization dedicated to the
1. Are you a member of a student organization dedicated to the support and empowerment of a particular group, whether osocial, cultural, religious, or major-based (e.g. English or Business Honor Society)? If your aren’t, visit the PSU Abington website and look at the variety of organizations/clubs available — speak with a friend who is an active emember of such an organization or, if you don’t have a friend in one of the orgs./clubs, interview the org./club president.
2. If you are a member (or spoke to someone who is a member), why does the organizations exist. In other words, what are the conditions, within the university or beyond that encouraged the group to form?
3. What are the organization/club’s goals? How does it work to acheive these goals? Do you anticipate that you will need a group life this once you leave the university? If so, why?
4. How does this group help you (or students in general) network and form ties with other students, faculty members, or outside professionals who support the organization’s goals? How might you (or students in general) benefit from such opportunities now and in the future?