Module 04 course project – across country lines
The healthcare organization you work at is looking to expand abroad. Select a country that has a universal or social healthcare system (Canada, Australia, France, Spain, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, etc.).
In your role with the organization, you are tasked with conducting research on the country you selected. You will be looking into their policies and reforms that align with your organization. Once you have completed your research you are to make a recommendation to your organizational leadership on whether, given the opportunity, expanding your business to that country to render service, is ideal or not. Keep in mind that the two models are different (free-market and universal healthcare systems), so you would have to think through how you would be able to operate successfully.
Find a healthcare policy or reform that applies to both countries (such as both having policies on care for the elderly, assisted living facilities, home care services, physical therapy, mental health, etc.). The policy or reform topic or area is the same, but the name may be different.
Write a 4-6 page paper that includes the following:
- Explain why the policy/reform was enacted and whether it is addressing the intended purpose.
- As you look across each country, provide 3 areas where the policies are similar and 3 where they are different. These similarities and differences must be in the actual policy/reform of each country.
- Explain differences in the handling of issues relating to moral or ethical behaviors or concerns.
- Provide a recommendation for your organization on whether they should or should not proceed with providing services in the new country. Include any government policies that would prevent your organization from being able to conduct business in the other country.
- Use audience-specific language.
- Use a minimum of 5credible sources, with 3 being from the Rasmussen Library.
- Include an APA reference page.