Hurricane hunters | Science homework help
In this exercise, you will connect and apply course topics and concepts to a real-world scenario. Then, you will critically reflect and articulate some thoughts about your perceived learning, which can be a powerful bridge in the learning process. After reviewing your submission, your instructor will provide you with personalized feedback to further your learning and contribute to your understanding and application of the concepts.
The important mission of the NOAA Hurricane Hunters (https://www.omao.noaa.gov/learn/aircraft-operations/about/hurricane-hunters) and the 53rd Weather Reconnaissance Squadron (http://www.403wg.afrc.af.mil/About/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/192529/53rd-weather-reconnaissance-squadron-hurricane-hunters/) of the U.S. Air Force Reserve is to collect atmospheric data (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/recon.php) from within hurricanes via aerial reconnaissance, using sensors mounted to and deployed from the aircraft.
Watch the hurricane hunters in action in the following videos:
NOAA Ocean Today Video – The Hurricane Hunters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulJhamN7d8)
Flying through a hurricane eye wall (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SnxC-BkPo)
After spending some time reviewing the information above, formulate, using your own words and thoughts, a two-paragraph written discussion that concisely* fulfills the following requirements:
- Paragraph 1: Outline connections between concepts and topics covered thus far in the course and the information you reviewed regarding hurricane hunters. Make clear but general connections between the information and specific topics and concepts; detailed explanation is not expected
- Paragraph 2: Based on your discussion in paragraph 1, formulate a discussion that reflects on your learning over the entire course. In doing so, consider answering the following questions
- How did the knowledge you’ve acquired prepare you for developing paragraph 1?
- How has the knowledge you’ve acquired affected your interest in the topics and concepts presented?
- How will the knowledge you’ve acquired apply to ventures beyond this course?