Anatomy ii week 3 discussion
Inflammation is one of the body’s non-specific defense mechanisms that protects itself from foreign invaders. It is also a crucial step in the healing process. However, more recently inflammation has been linked to a number of chronic disease processes.
Please complete the following steps for your discussion post and response.
- Read the article: Hobson, K. (2017, July 21). Is Inflammation Bad for You or Good for You? NPR. [Weblog post]
- In your own words, briefly describe the major signs of inflammation and explain the mechanism that causes each one.
- Explain a process in which inflammation is beneficial in.
- Research and discuss a condition that chronic inflammation has been linked to.
- In your opinion, for your selected condition which should be treated first: the inflammatory response or the cause of the inflammatory response? Support your opinion.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.