Action research | Education homework help
It should include your name and course title and should adhere to APA style. It should also be written in 12-font and double-spaced (about 3 total in length).
Types of Action Research
Briefly define and provide an example for each of the two major types of action research:
Characteristics of Action Research
There are six key characteristics of action research. Briefly describe each characteristic and explain why this is a critical aspect to the overall process.
- Practical Focus
- Laboratory of Practice
- Dynamic Process
- Plan of Action
- Sharing Research
Steps in the Process
Create a hypothetical study and determine if action research would be the best approach to use. Use the following six categories and provide 2-3 sentences for each explaining each category.
1. Identify the problem to study
2. Determine if action research is the best design to use
3. Implement the data collection
4. Analyze the data
5. Develop a plan for action
6. Implement the plan and reflect
Next, briefly answer the following questions in response to the hypothetical study:
- Would the study be a practical or participatory approach? Explain why.
- Would the research be conducted within the area of work or operation?
- Are there stakeholders who have vested interest in the research outcomes?
- What are the threats to validity related to this design?
- Does the approach require a dynamic pr