NSG 480 CAPSTONE
Process Paper/Clinical Presentation
Stratford University School of Nursing
|Case Overview (20 points total)|
|· Medical Diagnosis- (Pathophysiology of medical diagnosis including definition, signs & symptoms, and treatment/diagnostic measures), cite sources.
· Explain why this topic is important to you.
· What are the Nursing Considerations for this medical diagnosis?
|Nursing Process (50 points total)|
|Assessment 10 points
· What subjective or objective data will be present with this type of patient/
· Was there any aspect of your education that helped with this assessment decision? Explain why?
|Diagnosis 10 points
· Develop Nursing diagnoses related to medical diagnoses (including primary physical, psychosocial, and educational nursing diagnosis).
· Why did you choose them for this medical condition?
· How did care planning at Stratford help with this? Explain your response.
Planning 10 points
· How would you plan your care for such a patient?
· Do you foresee any difficulties with planning when caring for this patient and what or how would it impact your care process?
|Implementing 10 points
· What institutional resources played a factor in accomplishing your plan?
· When reviewing the Nursing considerations, are there particular aspects that should be monitored such as lab values or etc.?
· What are some tasks that could be delegated if any, for this type of patient? (Talk about that decision, to explain your reasoning).
|Evaluation 10 points
· Identify one best practice that could impact your care for this patient’s quality of care or patient’s safety.
· What have you learned from choosing and presenting this medical diagnosis?
|APA Format/Citations 10 points
· Grammar, spelling, syntax
· Minimum 3 scholarly, peer-reviewed articles/resources
· Citations and reference page as per APA format
· Keep time to 15 minutes or less