Case study – corrections system american law two parts
PART 1 using the case study attached:
In 600 words respond to the following…..
● What biological, psychological, or social factors could be used to explain the case study offender’s criminal background? What theories might account for the offender’s behavior?
● How would you sentence the offender for the crimes committed? Be sure to address the following:
o What philosophical orientation(s) would guide your decision-making about sentencing?
o What mitigating factors and/or aggravating circumstances would you consider when deciding on sentencing?
o What type of sentence would you recommend and why?
o What sanctions would you recommend and why?
● Do you think the offender is likely to reoffend after completing their sentence? Why or why not? (100 words)
Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
PART TWO (not using the case study):
in 300 words respond to the following:
● Describe ways in which you experience, witness, or are aware of racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system.
● Describe at least two strategies you would use as a criminal justice practitioner to reduce racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system. Address any barriers that might arise. Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
support with references