July week 2 | Management homework help
Unit 2 – Discussion Board
Unit: Legal Issues: Contract & Agency Law
This course features a debate component within the Discussion Boards.
Students will be expected to post their first initial discussion board posting by Friday of each week. Discussion posts will be graded and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Students are expected to post their responses to peers by Tuesday. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400 to 600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
In the Unit 1 Discussion Board, you analyzed a corporation’s social responsibility with regard to its customers. Not only do corporations have responsibly to their customers, but their corporate officers or directors owe fiduciary duties to their corporation and its stockholders. Corporate officers, such as a chief executive officer, president, chief financial officer, treasurer, corporate secretary, and so on are agents and carry out the daily operations of a corporation.
You are Phishy Pharmaceuticals’ CEO, and therefore an agent of Phishy Pharmaceuticals. This week you have learned agents have fiduciary duties they owe the corporation (principal)? Choose a fiduciary duty, and complete the following:
- Based on the first initial of your last name, complete the following steps:
- First initial A – L: Provide an argument as an agent (CEO) with a duty to the principle (Phishy) that supports the decision to leave the diet pill on the shelf. (My First initial is A for my last name.)
- First initial M – Z: Provide an argument as an agent (CEO) with a duty to the principle (Phishy) that supports your decision to remove the diet pill from the shelf.
Unit 2 – Individual Project
Unit: Groups in Organizations
Deliverable Length: 900–1,000 words
Senior leaders must understand how to motivate employees in a variety of ways. Research major motivational theories, and pick 3 theories to discuss.
In this assignment, you will select, describe and examine three motivational theories in the first three bullets below. In a fourth section, you will select one of the theories and explain why you believe it could be usefully applied in a work context from your experience.
For each motivational theory, address the following:
- Briefly describe each theory, including its history, foundation, model, and application.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each theory.
- Explain options and strategies an organization can use to apply this theory to motivating employees.
- Select one theory that you or your manager could use in your current or previous workplace to motivate employees that you believe would be effective. Explain the reasons for your choice.