W06_PA: HyperText Poetry
- http://www.thehypertexts.com/Bloodshed%20Sahara%20Colonialism%20Moroccan%20Massacre%20Sahrawi%20People.htm (Links to an external site.)
- https://kaaathy.com/copyandpaste/index.html (Links to an external site.)
- https://poetryhypertext.wordpress.com/example-wordsworth/ (Links to an external site.)
In order to help you grow your skills with HTML, the first assignment is going to be creating 3 poems using Hyper text. Hypertext poems can take many different shapes or forms, so I’ve linked a couple of examples above.
Please build your poems using https://glitch.com/ (Links to an external site.) This will make it easy to review your code and then see each other's work
- Your poems must include
- A title using an H1 Tag
- Ordered or Unordered Lists along with List Items
- Links that lead out from poem to across the internet
- Along with the three above, please have at least 3 from this list:
- An HTML Form
- A Semantic Header or Footer
- Images (can be illustrations or anything else)
- Video Embed
- A HTML Table
- Create a Glitch Account here: https://glitch.com (Links to an external site.)
- BE SURE TO USE YOUR SVA EMAIL
- Add yourself here: https://glitch.com/@sp-22-click-touch-move-ii (Links to an external site.)
- Create your project and add it under the Collection titled W06: HyperText Poetry: https://glitch.com/@sp-22-click-touch-move-ii/w-06-pa-hyper-text-poetry (Links to an external site.)
- All your poems will be housed under one project.
- Do not create multiple glitch projects
- You’ll be creating new ‘html’ files—one for each poem.
- Using the design requirements above, choose a topic for your each of your poems. If you cannot think of one, here are some topics you can use:
- A poem for a loved one
- Reflecting on your past
- A reoccurring dream
- An activity that you enjoy
- Lessons that you wish others to know
- Following that, choose a kind of poem you want to make. Here is a list: https://www.tckpublishing.com/types-of-poems/ (Links to an external site.)
- Note: If you choose Haiku, you must write three haikus about the topic to make up for it’s short structure
- Using the base structure of the poems, add in the design requirements above. You can add in images, links, audio.
- Use this extra material to really supplement your poems and their structure.
- After finishing, add a link at the bottom of each poem to the rest of your poems.
- After your finished, follow the instructions below to submit.