Management 1 | Management homework help
It is important to understand what information systems are and why they are essential for running and managing a business. It is also important to understand the different systems that support different groups or levels of management. In addition, digital technology and the Internet play a key role in executing major business processes in the enterprise. Also, it is important to understand the ethical, social, and political issues raised by information systems.
The case studies below provide you with an opportunity to critically analyze events that are taking place in real-life businesses. This helps to develop your critical thinking and research skills as you research each of these scenarios.
For this assignment, review four case studies—two from Chapter 1 and two from Chapter 2. Then, in an essay, evaluate the studies and respond to each of the questions below, using both critical thinking and theory as well as supporting documentation.
In Chapter 1, read the case study “UPS Competes Globally with Information Technology” on pages 23–24 of the textbook. Then, answer the questions below.
- How does UPS use information systems technology to achieve its strategic goals of being more efficient and customer oriented?
- What would happen if the automated package tracking system was not available?
- Discuss how globalization has “flattened” the world.
In Chapter 2, read the case study “Data Changes How NFL Teams Play the Game and How Fans See It” on pages 52–53 of the textbook. The, address the prompts below.
- Analyze how information systems are transforming business.
- What types of systems does the NFL and its teams use?
- What is the role that these systems play in improving both operations and decision-making?
In Chapter 3, read the case study “Smart Products—Coming Your Way” on pages 102–103 of the textbook. Then, address the prompts below.
- Explain the importance of collaboration and information sharing for businesses.
- Explain what a “smart” product is, and use an example.
- How do smart products increase rivalry among firms?
In Chapter 4, read the case study “Are Cars Becoming Big Brother on Wheels?” on pages 121–122 of the textbook. Then, address the prompts below.
- Describe how new technology trends may cause ethical dilemmas.
- Discuss at least one ethical, social, and political issue raised by embedded cyber connections in cars.
- Discuss how big data analytics are being applied to all of the data generated by motor vehicles.
In formatting your case analysis, do not use the question-and-answer format; instead, use an essay format with subheadings. Your APA-formatted case study must be at least four pages in length (not counting the title and reference pages).
You are required to use a minimum of three peer-reviewed, academic sources that are no more than 5 years old (one may be your textbook). All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; all paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.
I have attached the following attachment to complete assignment