Review questions 1. which of the following is true? a. a program
1. Which of the following is true?
a. A program can call one method at most.
b. A program can contain a method that calls another method.
c. A method can contain one or more other methods.
d. All of these are true.
2. Which of the following must every method have?
a. a header
b. a parameter list
c. a return value
d. all of these
3. Which of the following is most closely related to the concept of local?
c. in scope
d. program level
4. Although the terms parameter and arguments are closely related, the difference is that argument refers to _____.
a. a passed constant
b. a value in a method call
c. a formal parameter
d. a variable that is local to a method
5. A method’s interface is its _____.
b. return type
d. parameter list
6. When you write the declaration for a method that can receive a parameter, which of the following must be included in the method declaration?
a. the name of the argument that will be used to call the method
b. a local name for the parameter
c. the return value for the method
d. two of these
7. When you use a variable name in a method call, it _____ as the variable in the method header.
a. can have the same name
b. cannot have the same name
c. must have the same name
d. cannot have the same data type
8. Assume you have written a method with the header void myMethod(num a, string b). Which of the following is a correct method call?
b. myMethod(12, “Hello”)
d. It is impossible to tell.
9. Assume you have written a method with the header num yourMethod(string name, num code). The method’s type is _____.
c. num and string
10. Assume you have written a method with the header string myMethod(num score, string grade). Also assume you have declared a numeric variable named test. Which of the following is a correct method call?
c. myMethod(test, test)
11. The value used in a method’s return statement must _____.
a. be numeric
b. be a variable
c. match the data type used before the method name in the header
d. two of the above
12. When a method receives a copy of the value stored in an argument used in the method call, it means the variable was _____.
b. passed by value
c. passed by reference
d. assigned its original value when it was declared
13. A void method _____.
a. contains no statements
b. requires no parameters
c. returns nothing
d. has no name
14. When an array is passed to a method, it is _____.
a. passed by reference
b. passed by value
c. unnamed in the method
d. unalterable in the method
15. When you overload a method, you write multiple methods with the same_____.
b. parameter list
c. number of parameters
d. return type
16. A program contains a method with the header num calculateTaxes(num amount, string name). Which of the following methods can coexist in the same program with no possible ambiguity?
a. num calculateTaxes(string name, num amount)
b. string calculateTaxes(num money, string taxpayer)
c. num calculateTaxes(num annualPay, string taxpayerId)
d. All of these can coexist without ambiguity.
17. Methods in the same program with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
18. Methods in different programs with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
c. both of these
d. none of these
19. The notion of _____ most closely describes the way a calling method is not aware of the statements within a called method.
c. implementation hiding
20. Programmers should strive to _____.
a. increase coupling
b. increase cohesion
c. both of the above
d. neither a nor b