Deliverable 3 – it models
- Design effective information technology models for implementing technology for the organization.
Meow-Mart is a locally owned cat boutique specializing in custom-built cat condos. Meow-Mart has teamed up with a local carpentry business and have seen a boom in business within a 100 mile proximity to the stores premise.
Meow-Mart has decided to hire a Management Information Systems consultant to assess and recommend an Information Technology plan that supports the following business objectives:
- Improves marketing to all 50 states
- Automates business transactions
- Secures personal data
- Streamlines logistics such as supply management and distribution
- Provides a collaborative communications platform
- Ensures that there is no loss of data due to unexpected outages
You will present your IT plan to Meow-Mart’s Owner using Microsoft PowerPoint. You will need to include audio explaining the slides, diagrams/charts, quantitative analysis, and Disaster Recovery Planning worksheet. To find help on how to include audio with your PowerPoint presentation see the link in Resources.
The strategy must include the following components:
- Explain the types of Information Technology systems that would support the objectives (1 slide, include text explanation in the notes)
- Use diagrams and/or charts as a visual aid (2 slides minimum)
- Provide quantitative analysis in order to measure performance and benchmarks (1-2 slides)
- Use the Disaster Recovery planning worksheet (attached) to develop a strategy that ensures no loss of data due to unexpected outages (1 slide, include text explanation in the notes)