Week 2 discussion forum | Nutrition in Health and Disease
N1. Discuss the different types of micronutrients and their function in the body. Choose two micronutrients and discuss the signs and symptoms of toxicity and deficiency for each nutrient. What disease process would cause toxicity and deficiencies for both nutrients? Use evidence from one scholarly source other than your textbook or ATI book to support your answer. Use APA Style to cite your source.
-uploading the textbook pdf as one source need at least 2 more.
2. Respond to case study below too.
Tonya is 5′ 3″ tall, weighs 151 pounds, and is 38 years old. Her waist circumference is 37″. Her life is busy but sedentary. She simply does not have the time or energy to stay with an exercise program after working all day as a receptionists and caring for her two socially active children. She would like to lose about 20 pounds but knows dieting doesn’t work for her—all the diets she has tried in the past have left her hungry and feeling deprived. Losing weight has taken on greater importance since her doctor told her that both her blood pressure and glucose levels are at “borderline” high levels.
- What is her BMI? (show actual calculation)
- According to her BMI, activity level, and lifestyle, what health disparities is Tonya at risk for?
- Develop an evidence-based educational plan to help Tonya meet her 20 lb. weight loss goal. Consider her activity and lifestyle
- need two scholarly sources for each question not including the textbook attached!