Environmental policy presentation | SCI256 People, Science And The Environment | University of Phoenix
Your friend, an 8th-grade earth science teacher at the local middle school, is organizing an Earth Day celebration for his students and their families. He knows you have recently been learning about environmental policies in this environmental science class and has asked you to be one of several guest speakers at the event. He would like you to explain to the students how scientific research and public awareness of an environmental issue led to an environmental policy or law. The goal is for the 8th-grade students to understand how people and communities (scientific community, government bodies, citizens of a country, etc.) can effect positive change for the environment.
Use the policy and issue you selected for your Wk 5 Discussion – Environmental Policies in Action.
Prepare a 3-to 4-minute video and/or audio recording, or a 1,050- to 1,750-word transcript of your presentation.
Address the following in your presentation:
- Summarize the environmental issue. What are its causes? What are the effects on the environment and people? Consider multiple perspectives and locations, as applicable.
- Explain how economics and/or personal lifestyle choices or behaviors are related to this issue.
- Describe how individuals, communities, and/or governments have worked to address the issue.
- Examine the impact of relevant legislation or initiatives. What are the benefits? Have there been any consequences?
Note: Remember your audience; the presentation needs to make sense and appeal to 13- and 14-year-old students.
Include at least 2 outside resources to support your conclusions.
Note: You can learn more about submitting video files to Blackboard here.
Submit your assignment.
= = = = =
If you choose to submit a video presentation use video file types…
- Windows Media Video (WMV)
- Flash Video (FLV)
These file formats are relatively small, which allows for (somewhat) easier and faster uploading (submission) and downloading (instructor review).
- Create a video and upload it to YouTube. Submit the link for me to access the video.
- Create a MS PowerPoint presentation and record audio in the file for your presentation.
In my opinion, these alternate video presentation options have been the best for ease of use.
If you choose, the video only option, submit an APA style references list as a separate document or in the comments area.