Crj322: the criminal mind | Criminal homework help
Case Study 4: Sexual Deviance
Due Week 8 and worth 160 points
According to the text, heterosexual norms represent the guidelines for determining sexual deviance. For this case study, use the Internet and/or the Strayer library (https://research.strayer.edu) to identify, research, and explore one criminal case of heterosexual deviance within the last three years.
Write a 3-5-page paper in which you address the following thoroughly. Cite specifics from the case to support your arguments:
- Specify the key turning points when the defendant began his/her descent into deviant behavior. Next, determine whether or not you believe “sexual deviant” is an accurate label for the defendant. Support your position.
- Debate whether or not the societal status of the defendant affected the identification of sexual deviance in the defendant. Justify your response.
- Analyze the significance of two characteristics of sexual deviance that are applicable to the defendant. Next, based on the characteristics you deemed applicable to the defendant, speculate whether or not there was a point that medical intervention could have helped him/her overcome or better control his/her sexual deviance. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Suggest two rationales for society’s changing attitudes towards what is deemed acceptable sexual behavior. Next, predict two possible outcomes of the changing attitudes towards sexual behavior and its resulting influence on crime in the United States. Justify your response.
- Use at least three quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references should follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.