Chapt 6 ex 1 | Human Resource Management homework help
Exercise I: Settings
There are three outcomes for the first meeting between a case manager and a person or applicant who wants or needs services:
(1) the applicant feels free to express him- or herself;
(2) the applicant leaves confident of being able to work with the case manager toward a satisfactory solution;
(3) rapport is established between the two participants.
Clearly this first meeting or initial intake interview is important to the assessment phase and establishes a beginning tone to the case management process. The following two questions will help you think about how to prepare for the intake interview:
- List the factors that you think would be important for this initial meeting regardless of setting.
- If you work in an agency and potential clients come to your office, describe how you would arrange your office to facilitate the initial meeting or intake interview.
An intake interview can take place anywhere. For each of the following locations and potential clients, describe how you would structure or arrange the setting in order to most effectively interview the individual(s) who needs or desires services. Use the factors you describe in Question 1 to guide your answers.
- A homeless person living on the streets who agrees to meet you at a fast-food restaurant
- A teenager who lives in a group home where you will meet her after school
- A single mother who invites you to her apartment in the proje