leadership and social justice | education
Leadership and Social Justice
Now that you have explored what social justice means and its crucial connection to the field of early childhood education, it is important to reflect on social justice as a leader in the field. In Week 2 we discussed your responsibilities as a professional and how ethics plays an important part in your leadership role. For this post you will take this one step further and connect professionalism and ethics to social justice.
For your initial post:
- Explain how upholding principles of social justice specifically relates to the expectations of early childhood professionals and ethical practice. Support this portion of your discussion with the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Analyze the role that you as a leader play in creating meaningful connections with your students families, and the positive impact that connection can have on the achievement gap and equity in your classroom, school or center.
- Determine ways in which you as a leader will ensure that professionalism, ethical conduct and principles of social justice are being upheld in your classroom, school or center. Support this portion of your discussion with at least one scholarly resource (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
Hyland, N. E. (2010). Social justice in early childhood classrooms: What the research tells us (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. [PDF file]. Young Children. Retrieved from http://ececompsat.org/
- This article covers topics related to social justice for young children. Topics such as equity pedagogies in early childhood classrooms and culturally relevant teaching are discussed.
Kuby, C. R. (2013). Critical inquiry in early childhood education: A teacher’s exploration.
- This article provides a comprehensive discussion on social justice in early childhood education from the perspective of a professional, within the critical inquiry framework.
I need all the requirements on this assignment