Discussion: Substance Abuse
Why do you think people addicted to illicit drugs find it so hard to stop? How old were you when you first learned about drugs good/bad side of them? Do you think we are doing enough to educate children at a young age about drugs?
For your Initial Post due by Thursday 11:59 PM:
- Hit the reply button, below.
- List 3-5 recommendations to educate others who are considering drugs (you can also think about how this could be presented to our future generations). What advice would you give them to make better choices? What other alternative could they consider? Where could they go for help?
For your Response to at least 2 classmates due by Sunday, 11:59 PM:
- Ask for clarification (that is, ask questions) if needed.
- Respond to your classmates, referring back to their initial post and offering your own personal perspective, keeping the guidelines below in mind.
Note: For this discussion, you MUST POST FIRST before you can see others’ responses.
As you read and respond to others’ posts, keep in mind some basic rules for netiquette (Links to an external site.):
- Be kind and respectful to others
- Use full sentences
- Don’t use too much jargon
- Treat others online as you wish to be treated
- Use language that supports others