CJS 201 Criminal Courts and Sentencing Goals Case St
Imagine you work for a criminal defense attorney, and they’ve asked you to do some research to help them with their upcoming court case.
Research a high-profile criminal case that occurred in the United States within the last 15 years to examine its progression through the court system.
Write a 350- to 525-word report in which you:
- Summarize the case briefly (no more than 75 words). What crime was committed? What was the charge(s)?
- List the key players in this case and explain their role in this case.
- Analyze the involvement of courts. Describe the court type and why it had jurisdiction.
- Explain the stages that were carried out in this criminal trial. Was there a pretrial stage? Did the defendant resort to a plea bargain?
- Explain the outcome of the sentencing process. What was the rationale for the sentence?
Cite 1 to 2 sources to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.