Shakespeare “a midsummer nights dream essay
Need an MLA format 3-5 page essay done on Shakespeare’s A Midsummer nights dream.
1. Explain how Lysander’s statement. “The course of true love never did run smooth” (I, i, 134) fits each of the four pairs
2. Helena says, “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. And Therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” (I, I, 234-
235) How does this statement apply to the four pairs of lovers? To Pyramus and Thisby?
3. Compare and contrast the difficulties of Hermia and Lysander with those of Pyramus and Thisby.
4. What is the importance of dreams in this play? How do they effect the outcome?
5. How does the play about Pyramus and Thisby serve as a model for love?