This is the focus:behavior analysis (previously known as behaviorism) | PSY 620 Learning & Cognition | Ashford University
Choosing Your Focus:
This writing assignment supports your success on the final project. Prior to beginning this assignment, review the components of an annotated bibliography.
For this this Annotated Bibliography, you will research at least five peer-reviewed articles published within the last ten years to support your analysis of one of the following topics:
- Behavior Analysis (previously known as behaviorism)
- Information processing
The topic you choose should be based on the area in which you would most like to develop your knowledge. Your choice should also consider your current interests in psychology and support your future career or personal goals.
There are 4 components to this assignment:
- Introduction: Include your chosen focus area and your motivation for choosing this area to study further
- The Annotated Bibliography itself
- A Conclusion
- A list of APA formatted references.
As you prepare for this assignment, keep in mind that it is designed to assist you with beginning the process of drafting your Learning and Cognition Final Project. You will be using these resources, and what you write in this paper, to support your success with your Final Project.
Review the following sources prior to writing your paper:
After completing your writing, consider a paper review and double checking that all components are complete with an Academic Paper Checklist. It is also recommended that your paper be checked in Grammarly and through Turnitin prior to submissio
The Choosing Your Focus paper
- Must be a minimum of 1250 words, no more than 1500 words, and formatted according to APA style (7th edition) as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that clearly states the chosen construct and your motivation for choosing this topic.
- Must clearly discuss each article in your own words using critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that synthesizes the findings within the articles as they relate to your chosen content.
- Must include a Reference section.
- Must use at least five peer-reviewed sources.
HERE ARE THE CHOSEN ARTICLES FOR THE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY
BAbel, P. (2019). Classical Conditioning as a Distinct Mechanism of Placebo Effects. Frontiers in Psychiatry. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.3389/fpsyt.2019.00449
(article 1 for classical conditioning)
Andreatta, M., Michelmann, S., Pauli, P., & Hewig, J. (2017). Learning processes underlying avoidance of negative outcomes. Psychophysiology, 54(4), 578–590. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1111/psyp.12822
(Article 2 for operant conditioning)
Powell, R. A., & Schmaltz, R. M. (2020). Did Little Albert actually acquire a conditioned fear of furry animals? What the film evidence tells us. History of Psychology. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1037/hop0000176 (Article 3 for Watson)
Braat, M., Engelen, J., van Gemert, T., & Verhaegh, S. (2020). The rise and fall of behaviorism: The narrative and the numbers. History of Psychology, 23(3), 252–280. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1037/hop0000146
(Article 4 about behavior analysis)
Willis, E., Adams, R., & Keene, J. (2019). If Everyone Is Doing It, It Must Be Safe: College Students’ Development of Attitudes toward Poly-Substance Use. Substance Use & Misuse, 54(11), 1886–1893. https://doi-org.proxy-library.ashford.edu/10.1080/10826084.2019.1618334
(Article 5 social learning theory)
OTHER ARTICLES BESIDES THE MAIN FIVE ARTICLES ABOVE
Clark, K. R. (2018). Learning Theories: Behaviorism. Radiologic Technology, 90(2), 172–175.
Rholetter, W. Me. (2019). Operant conditioning. Salem Press Encyclopedia.
Sparzo, F. J. (2019). Pavlovian conditioning. Salem Press Encyclopedia of Health.