Academic integrity | GEN 103 Information Literacy | Ashford University
- Reflect on all the concepts from the catalog and course textbook and how they might help you to become a better scholar and professional.
- Consider how you can apply your understanding of ethical use of information to the materials you see and read daily.
- Think about how the online writing or graphic you selected uses information unethically.
- Identify two key elements of the catalog’s Academic Integrity (Links to an external site.) and Academic Dishonesty (Links to an external site.) sections and describe how you feel these elements are important to you as a scholar and professional.
- Explain how the online writing or graphic you chose uses information unethically. In your explanation, be sure to refer to the two key elements you identified in the previous step.
- Develop a strategy for how you, as a scholar, could avoid making this same ethical mistake?
Your initial post must be at least 350 words and address all of the prompt’s elements.
You must cite and reference any sources that you use in your posts, including your textbook or any other sources of information that you use. Please refer to the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) for help with citing and referencing your sources.