A white paper is an authoritative report or guide that informs readers concisely about a complex issue. It is meant to help readers understand an issue, solve a problem, or make a decision.
You are a young Attorney, having just passed the bar examination in Texas. Your boss comes into your office and tells you that a long-time client, a major news outlet is being sued for defamation. He wants you to write a white paper in terms that are simple and concise and can be explained to the news outlet station manager.
The White paper should contain:
1. The purpose of the white paper
2. A good defintion of Defamation, slander, libel
2. All Defenses to Defamation
3. All references used
4. A title page
5. Any laws or landmark court decisions important to Defamation
6. All court decisions should be cited properly
This white paper should be a minimum of 3 pages and double spaced.