Bsu coin | Information Systems homework help
The capstone project requires you to identify different risk management techniques for the seven domains of IT infrastructure and apply them to the adoption of an Ethereum-based Blockchain implementation called BSU Coin. BSU Coin uses Smart Contracts to create “tokens” that represent campus organizations/clubs, events, internships, employment, awards, activities, and scholarships.
You are tasked with identifying the IT infrastructure to support a public and globally accessible BSU Coin Blockchain. As an IS professional, you need to identify threat/vulnerability pairs and estimate the likelihood of their occurrence. You must decide which risk management (control) techniques are appropriate to manage these risks. You will need to specifically highlight the risks associated with a Blockchain accessible to the public – students, faculty, staff, employers, and key stakeholders. You will be required to create a presentation to senior management so they can allocate resources to prepare for and respond to the identified threats and vulnerabilities appropriately.
BSU is an MIS powerhouse in Blockchain and they are looking to leverage the capabilities for Dr. Breaux’s Race to Excellence – Student Success, Academic Excellence, and Long-term Viability. Check, Check, and Check for Blockchain… but how? The solution, BSU Coin!
BSU Coin is an incentive Ethereum-based Blockchain solution that encourages students to collect BSU Coins and BSU Coin-based tokens to demonstrate the breadth, depth, passion, and experience for a student in their domain. Students will be assigned a “wallet” for their BSU coins and will seek out ways to college coins. Employers will use the BSU Blockchain explorer to identify potential candidates based on the content of their wallets.
Anyone can access the BSU Coin Blockchain. Only users with BSU Coins can create BSU Coin-based tokens. Anyone can host a BSU Coin node.
You will need to create the architecture for the BSU Coin network. You will need to have your infrastructure reviewed by the professor prior to submission. Once you have identified the IT infrastructure (consider the seven domains of a typical IT infrastructure), you will identify 20 potential threats/vulnerabilities as a way to thwart concerns about implementing the system campus-wide. Consider the likelihood of each threat/risk. Assume the role of advocate as part of the IT advisory board to conduct a thorough risk management assessment.
- Develop a Network Diagram (https://www.smartdraw.com/network-diagram/) of BSU Coin highlighting the seven IT domains (20 pts)
- Using the Network Diagram as a current state, highlight potential attack vectors (10 vectors)(http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/risk-management-chapter-2/) (20 pts)
- Identify 20 potential threats/vulnerabilities (20 points)
- Determine which of the six risk management techniques is appropriate for each risk explained above. (20 pts)
- Justify your reasoning for each chosen management technique (40 pts)
Prepare a report using the APA format to support your findings and perspective for senior management incorporating all of the required materials for steps 1-5. You will need to wrap these items in a supportive narrative. (50 pts)
- The report should consist of an additional 2 pages (12-point Arial font, 1.5 line spacing) to support your findings.
- Prepare a 15-slide presentation to summarize your findings (30 pts)
- Include a road map, high-level summary, Gantt chart, and relevant supporting material
Techniques for Risk Control -http://www.pomsassoc.com/6-fundamental-techniques-risk-control/
ISACA – Risk Management for IT Projects – http://www.isaca.org/Groups/Professional-English/risk-management/GroupDocuments/Effective_Project_Risk_Management.pdf